Established in 1870, the Port Adelaide Football Club is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations with a proud, successful history in both the AFL and SANFL competitions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief of Staff (CoS) is an important member of the Club’s leadership team, and their primary purpose is to support the Chief Executive Officer in delivering on the strategic priorities of the organisation.
This high-level administrative role will also facilitate the delivery all operational elements of Port Adelaide Football Club’s strategic framework and is integral to productivity and effectiveness. The (CoS) will, at the direction of the CEO, coordinate the people and culture functions of the organisation, providing operational leadership, planning and reporting requirements against the strategic agenda of the Club.
Importantly, the CoS will act with the implicit imprimatur of the CEO—something that requires humility, maturity, and situational sensitivity. You must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and high performance environment, where expectations are embraced.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and facilitate the execution and operational elements of club’s strategic plans and activities
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and monitor the overall organisational structure and performance
- Develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders, internal and external
- Serve as a chief collaborator around the office actively leading and supporting a positive, proactive, performance and results-oriented work culture
- Lead and develop various people & culture projects as well as club policies and procedures
- Minute taking for all Leadership Team and Board Meetings as well as meeting preparation and planning
- Manage and coordinate diary and detailed travel arrangements for the CEO and Board of Directors
- Coordinate the provision of briefings for the CEO and Board for various events and appearances
- Gracefully handle pressure to remain a constantly reliable resource to management
- Independently develop viable solutions to problems as they arise
- Facilitate the implementation and monitoring of club values and behaviours
- Keeping internal and external stakeholders informed on key updates and developments
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 8+ years’ experience and proven successes in a high-level administrative, managerial capacity
- Demonstrate strategic and critical thinking skills to complement the CEO and the leadership team
- A supernatural eye for detail, including due dates, guest names, and the things most don’t see or think about
- The ability to improve processes and manage workflows in a way that achieves efficiency and collaboration
- Respected and admired by employee of all levels and in all departments
- Track record of superior organising and directing multiple teams and departments
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Friendly, approachable, and professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong project reporting skills, with the ability report across departments, leaders and to Boards
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Effective, versatile and all about getting the job done, no matter the task
Flexibility and availability to work outside of standard working hours including match days, club events are a requirement of the role. The role will involve some interstate and potentially international travel.
In return, the Port Adelaide Football Club offers an exciting high performance work culture with exciting benefits and opportunities, along with a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
Please send your application including a cover letter & CV to Kate Siemionow, HR Advisor at https://portadelaidefc.applynow.net.au/jobs/PAFC39 by Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Position Description available upon request.